Query - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Atul
Subject Query
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have a query regarding composite types (user-defined types). I have defined a type alongwith its input and output functions. But I am not able to access the type using my PL/pgSQL function. My type is as follows

typedef struct Sample
{
    int nCtr1,
    int nCtr2
} Sam;

I have defined the input and output functions as sample_in and sample_out in C and in PostGreSQL backend as well. Now I want to use the above type in my procedure.

My PL/pgSQL procedure is as follows :

create function test() returns char as '
declare
    Sample test;
    char var1;
begin
    select sample_in('1,2') into test;
    select sample_out(test) into var1;
    return var1;
end;
' language 'plpgsql'

I want to access the members nCtr1 and nCtr2 of the aboe defined type from EJB using JDBC.

If anyone has some clue about it please mail back.

My email-id is atulk@newgen.co.in