Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (w32) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Wes Williams
Subject Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (w32)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Another Postgre noob here.  I've used MySQL for some time and am trying to
learn Postgre.

Before axing the 8.0 installation I used "backup" from pgAdmin III (v1.4
w32) of my database to restore into the fresh install of 8.1

Since this is my first backup test, the data is not critical, but I would
like to be able to use the backup.  However, after creating the new database
in 8.1 and trying to load my SQL query from the backup, I get an error
message: "ERROR:  syntax error at or near "0" at character 8664"

The worst part is that I don't know where character 8664 is as the SQL
editor window counts in lines, columns, and rows...no character place
indicator.  8(

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the character 8664 or how
else to load my backup .sql into Postgre 8.1?

Thanks!