Postgres 7.0.2 and Cygwin(NT) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Shawn
Subject Postgres 7.0.2 and Cygwin(NT)
Date
List pgsql-novice
I have been looking for help in doing the above.  I have installed Cygwin by
it's online install mechanism, that appears to work fine.  I have downloaded
postgresql 7.0.2 from postgresql.org.   Through this process I am finding
that the directions I am finding are for Cygwin-b20.1 not cygwin v1.1.x.  So
I am not sure what is needed and what is not.  It appears certain patches
are there and things that are mentioned are in the new versions of Cygwin.
The strange thing I have been seeing thought, is when I run the configure
file, it starts off fine and then stops because it can't find the gcc
compiler.  I can type gcc from the command line of Cygwin and it finds it
fine.  I have done this process on linux and all the directions make since,
but this process on NT is making me pull my hair out.

Is there some one who can help me?

I would greatly appreciate it.
Shawn