initdb problem on solaris sparc - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Geeta Mahesh
Subject initdb problem on solaris sparc
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi..

I have installed postgreSQL 6.42 on Solaris sparc as per the instruction given in readmesolaris.htm.
Now after installing successfully when I run initdb command I am getting following error

$ initdb --username=pgsql --pglib=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

ld.so.1: pg_id: fatal: libgen.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Unable to determine a valid username.  If you are running
initdb without an explicit username specified, then there
may be a problem with finding the Postgres shared library
and/or the pg_id utility.

Please guide

Regards
Rajesh