RE: RE: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Mueller
Subject RE: RE: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter - agreed, those are pretty basic functions. I'm thinking more about
stuff like the date/time functions-- abstime(), age(), interval(), that sort
of thing. I see interval() in the grid and notice that it has the word
'reltime'-- is that a data type? How is it used? Does interval() accept any
other types of parameters? How would I use this?

It's a bit like being thrown into a cold swimming pool-- I can certainly
figure it out, given enough time and experimentation, but I'm just surprised
that it's not more detailed. This is not bagging on the documentation folks
as much as it is an expression of my surprise that it's not more detailed.
Postgreql is so popular online that I came to it expecting something more
along the lines of the online docs for PHP or MySQL.

best,
Eric