RE: support policy - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Regina Obe
Subject RE: support policy
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Minor addition.

The catalog tables changed in PostgreSQL 12 I believe e.g. where constraints
are stored.

As such if you are using an older ODBC driver pre PostgreSQL 11 it may or
many not work on newer PostgreSQL servers.

E.g. one big pain point for my customers was Tableau not updating their ODBC
drivers so I had to downgrade one of our PostgreSQL servers to service
Tableau online.

Moral of story - you should try to use an ODBC driver that is at least as
new as your Database server or you might be missing out on functionality or
have broken logic.

Hope that helps,
Regina