The Business Case for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Liam O'Duibhir
Subject The Business Case for PostgreSQL
Date
Re: The Business Case for PostgreSQL  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Re: The Business Case for PostgreSQL  (Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith@pooteeweet.org>)
Re: The Business Case for PostgreSQL  (nhrcommu@rochester.rr.com)
List pgsql-advocacy

All,

I have posted to Advocacy before about the Business Case for PostgreSQL initiative.

I am pleased to announce that a full-colour A4 and US print-format PDF copy of the "Business Case for PostgreSQL" document is now available from the Fujitsu Supported PostgreSQL (FSP) website:

http://postgresql.fastware.com/community/business_case_for_postgresql

We think it looks pretty good!

Because this is essentially a marketing document, we have also made available the Adobe Illustrator (.ai) files which can be used by graphic designers to alter the document to suit a particular purpose. These are downloadable from the FSP site, but will hopefully also be available in PgFoundry very shortly.

Anyone who wishes can contact us and seek an invitation to contribute to the content of this document -- it is available as a Google Doc:

http://docs.google.com/View.aspx?docid=dfd3vbhv_0dd3hvh

The document is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

However, as we hope this document will prove to be a useful marketing tool for PostgreSQL, we are particularly interested in contributions from marketing professionals and business people committed to promoting PostgreSQL to business decision-makers (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, etc…). The language of the document is intended to "speak" to this group.

The document is, and will remain, vendor-neutral. It is designed to exclusively promote open source PostgreSQL as a great business solution for an organisation’s database needs.

Much as happens with PostgreSQL source code in preparation for a release, we hope to update the Business Case document in a regular cycle.

I look forward to discussing this further with the community and others.

Regards,

Liam O'Duibhir