Re: Welcom & a problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Egyud Csaba
Subject Re: Welcom & a problem
Date
List pgsql-general
> Yes, I think it showed up in 7.1.x.   You should really upgrade to 7.2.3
> or wait a week or two and try migrating to 7.3.  They are both MUCH faster
> than 7.0 was.
OK, I see. What do you think, is it a dificult job or not?
As far as I can imagine it I will have to dump all data from the db,
uninstall 7.0, install the 7.2 or 7.3 and then restore the whole db.
Certainly I will have to recreate the users and the grants.
Which is the most painless way. Perhaps exists a patch, which doesn't need
to reinstall the whole stuff.
Or where can I get an upgrade manual which explains the migration process
step by step?

thanks,
cs.

---