Mandrake 8.0 Portig Problems - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tony Greenwood
Subject Mandrake 8.0 Portig Problems
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I recently purchased Mandrake Linux Version 8.0. Am having trouble connecti=
ng to postmaster. Changed the password for 'postgres' and tried to sign on =
as 'postgres'. Get rejected before sign-on  with the following message:

    "There was some errorsetting up inter-process communications for KDE. T=
he message returned by the system was:

    Could not read network connection list

             /var/lib/.DCOPserver_localhost.localdomain_:0"

I have examined /var/lib/ and find no such file, hidden or otherwise there.=
 However, I do find a copy in /root, and also in my non-root sign-on direct=
ory. Has the file been moved in version 8.0? No such troubles in version 7.=
2! Can you help?
Thanks.

    Tony Greenwood.