Case insensitive searches? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Barnes
Subject Case insensitive searches?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hiho ... I'd really like to know if anyone has any good suggestions for
performing case insensitive searches on data in a 6.3 server using Perl. If
there's some really obvious solution I'm missing, please club me over the
head with it.

And I hate to barge into a mailing list and make complaints, but is anyone
in the process of fixing the website? The FAQ links are all broken, there
are no mailing list archives going back any further than two weeks ago and
no real information on the listserver addresses (they're in the FAQ,
right?).

<rant>
I know all that stuff was working last time I was at the site (pre-redesign)
... couldn't the old site have stuck around until the new one was finished?
</rant>

I'll shut up now. But if anyone's done the Perl thing before, please point
me at the right solution and give me a little push.

Mike.