problems with GRANT on Solaris 8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject problems with GRANT on Solaris 8
Date
Re: problems with GRANT on Solaris 8
List pgsql-general
I'm running postgresql 7.0.2 on Solaris 8 and I get errors when I try to
grant a user. The query and error are ike this:

horde=# GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE ON active_sessions TO martin;
ERROR:  aclparse: non-existent user "martin"
horde=#

Now, user martin exists on as a system user (it's my personal user acount),
and I'm runnig the query as postgres user (the database superuser).

What can be wrong?

Thanks!

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Mart�n Marqu�s            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar