Tuple size limit. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christopher Sawtell
Subject Tuple size limit.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Greetings pg world,

I have been asked to look into making a relatively simple db app. in which the
tuple size will quite probably grow to more than the 32kbytes limit offered by
recompiling.

I understand that the 7.1 release currently in CVS does not have this
limitation. So I'd like to know if this 7.1 release is imminent; i.e. < ~2 to 3
months?

I am right in thinking that one cannot do textual searches on BLOBs aren't' I?

TNX 10^6
 --
Sincerely etc.,
NAME       Christopher SawtellCELL PHONE 021 257 4451 - Text message enabled - http://www.mtnsms.comICQ UIN

-->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to me <<--