Re: Proposals for PITR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-pitr

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Proposals for PITR
Date
List pgsql-hackers-pitr
>Oli Sennhauser [mailto:oli.sennhauser@bluewin.ch]
> Hi Simon
>
> I do not know if it is already the time to think on standby databases
> with "managed recovery" while people have reading access on the
database.
> It would give a nice HA-Feature.
> Please do not forget to have mirrored log files (for security also)
for
> this feature, localy and also remote.
>
> I dont know if it is easier to plan this features in advance or
later...

> Regards Oli

> Oli Sennhauser
> Database-Engineer (Oracle & PostgreSQL)
> Rebenweg 6
> CH - 8610 Uster / Switzerland
> (personal contact details removed by SR)
> Website http://mypage.bluewin.ch/shinguz/PostgreSQL/

Oli,

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

I would like to see you suggestion implemented eventually, so will think
about this aspect as well. My thoughts are that there is an intermediate
step, which is that of a "standby database".

I'll update the Proposal into a Design document with this in mind.

Best regards

Simon