The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Liam O'Duibhir
Subject The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

+1

I vote in favour of the name change.

I think the steps to make this happen are :

a)       Agree the intention to make a name change (over an unspecified duration of time)….which if this current thread has sufficient momentum could conceivably happen?????

b)       Actually set out how it is to be managed, and yes, every indication is that it is a very very large and difficult undertaking (for everyone)

c)       Do it.

Personally, I think if the new name takes 5 (or even more) years to ‘settle in’ and become the norm, that will be a reasonable outcome.

Just my thoughts,

Liam.

Liam O'Duibhir – Programme Manager - Open Source Software
Fujitsu
Australia Software Technology
14 Rodborough Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086
Tel: (61-2) 9452 9068 Fax: (61-2) 9975 3779
Mob: 0423 025 852 Email: LiamOD@fast.fujitsu.com.au

postgresql.fastware.com