Re: 7.4.1 release status - Turkish Locale - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nicolai Tufar
Subject Re: 7.4.1 release status - Turkish Locale
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry for rising up old issue again but the problem still persists.
And database cluster is not being created with Turkish locale

If you have any doubts about how Turkish users will react to the fact
that both "I" and "I WITH DOT" will be treated as same character, rest
assured that this behavior is de-facto standard when it comes to file
names,
identifiers and commands. Greg Stark and Devrim Gunduz will confirm
that,
no doubt. Please review and apply this patch I send you for the third
time. You will not regret and many users will be grateful. Please note
that to my knowledge it will not break any other locales.

Best regards,
Nicolai