best use of another drive - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rainer Mager
Subject best use of another drive
Date
Re: best use of another drive  ("Alex Hunsaker" <badalex@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
I've recently installed another drive in my db server and was wondering what
the best use of it is. Some thoughts I have are:

1. Move some of the databases to the new drive. If this is a good idea, is
there a way to do this without a dump/restore? I'd prefer to move the folder
if possible since that would be much faster.

2. Move some logs to the new drive. Again, if this is recommended I'd be
happy to, but some directions on the right procedures would be appreciated.

3. Other...any other ideas?

Thanks,

--Rainer