PgSQL Down - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Cavit Keskin
Subject PgSQL Down
Date
Re: PgSQL Down
List pgsql-bugs
Using Postgresql's source files I compiled postgresql 7.4.1 on a
dedicated machine with a customized Redhat 7.2 system.
Postgresql often stops after a time (unknown, changing).
Below is the log file just after Postgresql database server is started
manually. Log can't record the cause of this problem.

_____________________
LOG:  could not create IPv6 socket: Address family not supported by
protocol
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2004-01-27 03:18:09 CST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/4470A6C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/4470A6C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 1275; next OID: 234555
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/4470AAC
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready

Please note that I don't experience such a problem on a Slackware 9.0
system.

Cavit Keskin
cavit@binbir.net