Re: is postgresql 8 is realy mature - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Frank L. Parks
Subject Re: is postgresql 8 is realy mature
Date
List pgsql-admin
For SuSE, you can currently get the 8.0.1 RPMs at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/postgresql/.  I don't know when they will
post the 8.0.2 RPMs.

I recently upgraded from 7.3.x to 8.0.1 on 9.0 and as long as you remember
to do the pg_dumpall and then the restore (psql) everything should go
smoothly.

I hope this helps.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tsirkin Evgeny
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 3:53 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] is postgresql 8 is realy mature

Hi list!
We are using currently postgresql 7.3.4 havily and planning an upgrade.
our choices are either 7.4.x which comes with distribution (suse) or 8.0.1 .
We can allow our selfs some testing time and minor changes in applications
if needed but of course this is good to avoid .
So the question is if the 8.0.1 is really well tested ,or maybe we
should move
to 7.4 or just leave 7.3 where it is?
We wil be thankfull for any sharing of experience .
Thanks.