auto vacuum, not working? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Anibal David Acosta
Subject auto vacuum, not working?
Date
Re: auto vacuum, not working?  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-performance

Hi,

yesterday I delete about 200 million rows of a table (about 150GB of data), after delete completes the autovacuum process start.

The autovacuum is running for about 11 hours but no space is released

Autovacuum parameters are with default values in postgresql.conf

The postgres version is 9.0.3

The pg activity reports:

select (now()-query_start) as duration, waiting, current_query from pg_stat_activity where current_query ilike '%auto%'

10:42:19.829       f              "autovacuum: VACUUM ANALYZE public.myTable"

How can I release the space used by deleted rows? Without block the table.

Thanks!