How to establish a SSL connection to a postgresql server - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Christian Tonhäuser
Subject How to establish a SSL connection to a postgresql server
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hallo,

I want to establish a secure connection to the database server (which is hosted externally) using SSL. What do I have to do?

I'm a novice regarding network administration and similar stuff. I can get a certificate and private key from the hosting firm.

Is there any good  step-by-step guide online? It’s about the settings that have to be done, before even connecting.

Thanks a lot

Christian