RE: Some advanced database features, are they present in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rob Hutton
Subject RE: Some advanced database features, are they present in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
  I have to tell you guys that his is the major limiting factor that has
kept us away from PGSQL for major projects.  This looks great.  Now, two
questions.

How much of what is on the page is what it will eventually do and how much
will there actually be in the beta.

Also, the site talks about data hierarchy replication.  Is this similar to
segmentation where each site sees the information that is of interest to
them but not the info from all other sites?  We have kind of the hub and
spoke situation where the corporate office gets everything from all the
sites, but the sites only get info from the home office that is of interest
to them.  We were going to do this by segmenting the database into site
specific segments and only replicating that segment to the appropriate
site...

Thanks,
Rob