editors with colum positioning for debugging? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joel Fradkin
Subject editors with colum positioning for debugging?
Date
Re: editors with colum positioning for debugging?  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi I am doing my work in windows attached to a postgres server on linux
fedora core3.
I have been using pgadminIII and amd am trying the demo of EMS.

My question is I don’t see an easy way to find an error.
Typical error text is syntax error at or near "trans" at character 825

But determining character 825 is a little slow by hand.

Any of you guru's have some ideas you use (I am sure you don’t get the
number of errors I am).

By the way my issues were caused by SELinux not being turned off, I turned
it off and re-did my postgres rpm and all is well (no pg_user error).
I was also able to add the view that had given me the row too large error.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243