pg_dump "what if?" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Lang
Subject pg_dump "what if?"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm running pg_dump 7.3.4.  I have a nightly process that dumps a database
via pg_dump, and then checks for the existence of the dumped file afterwards
to confirm that the dump actually occurred.  Just wondering, however, if a
corrupt disk prevented pg_dump from executing fully, would there still be an
output file up to the point where the corruption was encountered?  If so,
does anyone have any suggestions on another method to confirm whether or not
the db was successfully dumped?

BTW I'm running under Win2k using Cygwin.

Thanks in advance,
Peter