Pg_dump for 7.0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Fitzpatrick
Subject Pg_dump for 7.0.2
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a Cobalt RaQ server that hosts a PostgreSQL 7.0.2 database that
is part of the GUI OS. Trying to backup with pg_dump and after reading
through the archives, I see that in order to upgrade or move data from a
7.0.x server, you have to use the 7.0 pg_dump utilities. So, do I
install 7.0 on another port for just this reason or can I copy some
files from the 7.0.2 server to the server that I want to do the dump
from? The server doing the dump is a 7.3.3 server. I tried just copying
the 7.3.3 pg_dump binary, but no luck.

--
Robert