RE: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Paul Becker
Subject RE: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Outline for PostgreSQL book
Date
List pgsql-hackers
If I may add..

I would highly recommend that you all read Phil Greenspun's story about his
experience in publishing his book with MacMillan.  Read between the lines,
however.  Where ever reference is made to MacMillan you could substitue
almost <any publisher>. Greenspun is a great story teller so the material is
a good read. I'm sure he embellished a lot on his experiences.  He strikes
me as being a puckish kind of guy, somewhat rare amongst engineers. Read
some of his other material. A Day at the Zoo is a good one.

Paul

Paul W. Becker
Addison Wesley Longman
671 Andover Road
Valley Cottage, NY  10989

914-268-8003 (v)
914-268-3874 (f)

Assistant: Ross Venables 781-944-3700  x2501