migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicolas Garfinkiel
Subject migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4
Date
Re: migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4
List pgsql-general

Hi all,

I’m trying to upgrade our pgsql from 8.1 to 8.4, but our system’s login uses the hashname() function in order to get the proper password validation. Now pgsql’s 8.4 hashname function is not compatible with 8.1’s function. Do you have any ideas how I can reproduce 8.1 function in 8.4?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Cheers,

Nicolas.