RES: Temporary table - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Franklin Haut
Subject RES: Temporary table
Date
List pgsql-performance
Ok, it works.

Thanks

Franklin

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Larry Rosenman [mailto:ler@lerctr.org]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 23 de junho de 2006 19:08
Para: 'Franklin Haut'; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Assunto: RE: [PERFORM] Temporary table

Franklin Haut wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m have some problems with a temporary table, i need create a table,
> insert some values, make a select and at end of transaction the table
> must droped, but after i created a table there not more exist, is this
> normal ?
>
> How to reproduce :
>

>     CREATE TEMP TABLE cademp (
>            codemp INTEGER,
>            codfil INTEGER,
>            nomemp varchar(50)
>     ) ON COMMIT DROP;
>
>     INSERT INTO cademp (codemp, codfil, nomemp) values (1,1,'TESTE');
>     INSERT INTO cademp (codemp, codfil, nomemp) values (1,2,'TESTE1');
>
>     Select * from cademp;
>

> In this case, the table cademp doesn´t exist at the first insert, in
> the same transaction.

It is NOT the same transaction.  By default, each STATEMENT is it's own
transaction.

Stick a BEGIN; before the create table, and a commit; after the select.

Larry Rosenman

> Tks,
>
> Franklin

> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: explain analyze is your
> friend

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893