Capacity Planning - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jeff Keller
Subject Capacity Planning
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi All -

We are reviewing possible database and operating solutions for our company
and we are looking at running PostgreSQL on Linux.

Does PostgreSQL have the capability to handle the following requirements?
Is anyone successfully running an application with similar characteristics?
100 Gig Database with 600 concurrent users.
500,000,000 Record Reads per 12 Hour Business Day
200,000 Record Creates per 12 Hour Business Day
1,500,000 Record Updates per 12 Hour Business Day

Thanks,
Jeff