Re: pg_options in postgres 7.3.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dick Wieland
Subject Re: pg_options in postgres 7.3.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for nailing this down for me.

If you're interested in how I stumbled across pg_options ..

In going back, I can see that I was looking at 7.0 documentation (
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.0&idoc=0&file=postgres
.htm) as downloaded to some user site.

I would observe that the 7.0 documents in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/ do not have the version number on their
title pages, and while they are clearly listed there as Vx.y.z  as they
got separated from their labeled links and downloaded onto user sites
they lost their version identification. I found the 7.0 documentation
for pg_options through a google search for "debugging", and assumed it
applied to 7.3.2.

Documentation of later versions is clearly marked with the version
number, and I can see that there is no mention of pg_options inthe 7.3
documentation.

Thanks,
Dick Wieland