Re: PostgreSQL 7.3 on Cygwin rejects all-numeric userid, pg_class_aclcheck - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Sam Harbison
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.3 on Cygwin rejects all-numeric userid, pg_class_aclcheck
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Sent by Jason Monday, December 30, 2002 1:11 PM
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 10:27:11AM -0500, Sam Harbison wrote:
> > >Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 10:09 PM
> > >                                                 ^^^^^^ Does
> > >"249779" above refer to the uid or logname?  If the
> former, then
> > >you have been bitten by Cygwin's 16-bit uid limit.  If the latter,
> > >then I can't explain the observed behavior.
> >
> > It was the logname, I believe.  I just changed the logname on the
> > account and the problem went away. There are only two
> accounts on the
> > computer other than what WinXP supplies.
>
> Actually, I just thought of a possible explanation.  Did you
> regenerate your /etc/passwd file after creating the 249779
> user with mkpasswd?  If not, then this could explain the above error.

I deleted the C:\cygwin directory and reinstalled cygwin after creating
the 249779 user. I assume that created /etc/passwd from scratch (not
being a cygwin expert).

I have recreated the same problem on another computer by creating user
249779 and reinstalling cygwin and postgresql 7.3. What information can
I get for you?

Sam