RE: Instrumenting and Logging in JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Cramer
Subject RE: Instrumenting and Logging in JDBC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I would like to see the calls, please submit them

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of btoback@mac.com
Sent: June 23, 2001 7:38 PM
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: [HACKERS] Instrumenting and Logging in JDBC

Hi all,

One more question/comment.

In order to track down the problem with the interaction between
WebObjects and the PostgreSQL JDBC driver, I had to insert a
fair amount of logging. This logging will be useful for anyone
else who's in a similar position, trying to get some piece of
middleware to work with PostgreSQL. If I switch to using log4j
(see http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j for information), would it
be useful to submit the logging calls as a patch?

I think it would be extremely useful, but I don't know the
philosophies or mindset of the PostgreSQL developers, so I
thought I'd ask.

-- Bruce

Bruce Toback    Tel: (602) 996-8601| My candle burns at both ends;
OPT, Inc.            (800) 858-4507| It will not last the night;
11801 N. Tatum Blvd. Ste. 142      | But ah, my foes, and oh, my
friends -
Phoenix AZ 85028                   | It gives a lovely light.
btoback@optc.com                   |     -- Edna St. Vincent Millay