[Re] Re: [Re] Re: Unknown winsock error 10061while dumping a big database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cyril VELTER
Subject [Re] Re: [Re] Re: Unknown winsock error 10061while dumping a big database
Date
Re: [Re] Re: [Re] Re: Unknown winsock error 10061while dumping a big database  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
De : mailto:dev@archonet.com
> Cyril VELTER wrote:
> >
> >     maintenance_work_mem and work_mem are set to their default value (16M /
1M).
> > Does Copy use any of these values ?  The doc only state sort operations for

> > work_mem and vacuum / create index / alter table add foreing key for
> > maintenance_work_mem.
>
> You'll probably want to increase both of those (assuming you have a few
> gigs of RAM).

    The server have 4G of ram. But doing a search in the source code it does not
seem that these values are used during a copy operation. I will try to increase
these values.

> >     BTW, just dumping this table fail with the same error.
>
> Hmm - what version of 8.2 are you running on Windows?
>
> It's just that 8.2.4 has a fix that says:
>
> Allow pg_dump to do binary backups larger than two gigabytes on Windows
> (Magnus)
>
> Now, whether that will affect you I'm not sure, since you said you were
> dumping from Linux, with the server on Windows.

    I don't think so. The dump stop at 75GB (the 2GB limit is not a problem), I'm
running 8.2.5 on both the client and the server and the dump is done on a linux
machine.

    Cyril VELTER