Winsock error 10035 while trying to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cyril VELTER
Subject Winsock error 10035 while trying to upgrade from 8.0 to 8.2
Date
List pgsql-general

    I'm trying to upgrade a pretty big database (60G) from postgres 8.0 to
postgres 8.2 on windows 2000 Server (both version running on the same machine
on different ports). During the migration process, I always get an error at
some point (never the same) :

    LOG: could not receive data from client: Unknown winsock error 10035

    which is followed by

    LOG: incomplete message from client
    ERROR: unexpected EOF on a client connexion
    FATAL: invalid frontend message type 53 psql -U postgres -p 5433

    Moving the 8.2 postgres instance to a winxp pro machine, the migration is
successfull.

    I've searched google but didn't find anything related to postgres.

    cyril

    Source database : postgres 8.0.9
    Destination database : postgres 8.2.4
    OS : Windows 2000 Server SP4
    migration is done on linux using 8.2.4 binaries (since piping pg_dump output
on windows stop on the first ctrl-Z) with "pg_dump -h YYY XXX | psql -h YYY -p
5433 XXX"