RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno BAGUETTE
Subject RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables, sequences or indices!
Date
List pgsql-general
> > It looks like the PostgreSQL system tables are corrupted...
> >
> > Any idea to fix that problem ?
>
> Can you recover from backups?

In fact, it seems that there is no backup of this DB, but I've noticed
when I make a vacuumdb on the database, I see all the tables names that
appears on the vacuumdb output (verbose mode)...

But, after that vacuumdb, if I connect using psql to the database and
making \d, I'm still having the same error message : "Couldn't find any
tables, sequences or indices!".

Do you think that all the data is lost ?

> You really should upgrade to either 7.2.4 or 7.3.3.

If I success to recover theses datas, I will move them to a 7.3.3
database. In all case, I will urge the system administrator to install
the 7.3.3 PostgreSQL version.

Thanks really much for your help !

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml@baguette.net