General Q's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David
Subject General Q's
Date
Re: General Q's
List pgsql-general

Hello

I have some questions regarding pgsql and how it may apply to other open source software.  Could you advise which forum is best suited to answer these questions.

Background

I am undertaking a development which typically relies on the type of functionality that can be found at Joomla (www.joomla.com) and Drupel (www.drupel.com) – account management, user content development, social networking, etc.  I want to have it developed using Postgsql and NOT MySql due to the inherent scalability of Postgsql.

Both Joomla / Drupal are making their databases work with Postgsql using an abstraction layer.

Questions – re MySQL/ Postgresql/Joomla/Drupel

Could you advise on the following?

  • Is there a project to create MySQL compatibility for Postgresql? I am not technical so you will need to explain as if I am a 3-year old!
  • What other Open Source solutions which support the similar type of functionality found on Joomla and Drupal work with Postgresql?

David Brown

Eclipse Consulting

M (UK)   +447939544481

F  (UK)   +442071932590