Problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Prasanna
Subject Problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,
=20
I=92m a standalone user of Linux 7.3. I=92m facing problem to start sql
command
Interpreter i.e. psql. See I=92ve first of all created a database using
initdb dbms
Command it gets created. And it also creates directory dbms which
contains
Many files and directories. That directory is /home/Prasanna/dbms.
Now I want to start the server so I can start it by giving command=20
/usr/bin/postmaster =96D dbms
so it gets started. Now if I gave command like psql =96D dbms
Then it gives error like
=20
Fatal 1: database name =91dbms=92 is not present in the system catalog.
=20
Now what should I do? This fatal error appears on the postmaster server.
I=92ve tried two nights for this psql but not getting success. May be I=92m
wrong.
Will you please tell me how to start the psql with my database created
by=20
Initdb. It will be very helpful to me.
=20
Thank You,
Regards
Prasanna Prabhakar Phatak
20/21, "Prabhalaxmi", Patwardhan Baug, Erandwane Pune 4
Ph. +91 020 5466022
email. prasannaphatak@indiatimes.com, ppp_pras@yahoo.com
=20