Subject: Re: [NOVICE] perl installation problem and installation of postgres from rpms
From: "Brett W. McCoy" <[email-masked]>
To: Dax Duskin <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:59:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Dax Duskin wrote:

> I tried making from /src/interfaces/perl5 but I received some access errors when
> I tried to make it as the postgres user.  The README file said to run the first
> three steps not as root.  I also tried looking up the files that were causing
> the boo boos and chown-ing them to the postgres user and it still didn't work.
> I'm thinking of doing a reinstall from the rpms at this point.

What precise errors did you get on the build of the Perl module.

You might want to also look into installing DBD::Pg for use with DBI.  I
usually use that rather than the 'native' Pg module.

-- Brett
				http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cogito ergo I'm right and you're wrong."
		-- Blair Houghton

---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster