PostgreSQL Magazine : Call for Reviewers !

From
damien clochard
Date:
Hi !

The layout editing of the demo issue of the PostgreSQL Print Magazine is
almost ready !

I have good hope to publish a RC1 version on Monday 23th. Then will
start the proof reading period of approximately 10 days. During this
period i need a bunch of volunteers to read the entire magazine and spot
me any error they see : spell check, grammar or syntax errors, layout
mismatch and other glitches. General comments and advices on the
magazine are welcome too, of course.

The magazine has 24 pages. Proof-reading might take from 30 to 90
minutes depending how fast you read.

So if you want to help and have time to review the magazine, please send
me an e-mail in private at damien@dalibo.info and i'll send you the
links to download the magazine once the RC1 is done.

damien

PS : Obviously i'm not the only to believe that print media are not dead
! :-) Google just launched its own magazine about a month ago. It's
pompously called "Think Quaterly" and it's quite interesting both for
its content and its design :

http://thinkquarterly.co.uk/

If you want to know what google does and wants to do with your data,
this is a must-read ;)

Re: PostgreSQL Magazine : Call for Reviewers !

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
> The layout editing of the demo issue of the PostgreSQL Print Magazine is
> almost ready !

I'm willing to edit part of it.

Do we have an article about 9.1?  That should be just around the time
the beta comes out.  I can't write it ... I'm doing one for LWN.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Date:
Le 19/04/2011 01:18, Josh Berkus a écrit :

>> The layout editing of the demo issue of the PostgreSQL Print Magazine is
>> almost ready !
>
> I'm willing to edit part of it.
>
> Do we have an article about 9.1?

Yes ! Hubert Lubaczewski kindly accepted to publish one of his "waiting
for 9.1" articles. There's also an announcement of the alpha 5 that will
be replaced by beta if PG 9.1 goes beta before the mag is out

And if there's an issue #01, I guess the main topic will be 9.1 :)

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org

Re: PostgreSQL Magazine : Call for Reviewers !

From
"damien@dalibo.info"
Date:
hi,

I've just send a beta version of the magazine to the reviewers that
answered my call. If haven't receive any email from me and wish to
proof-read the magazine, please let me know.

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com

Re: PostgreSQL Magazine : Call for Reviewers !

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM, damien@dalibo.info <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've just send a beta version of the magazine to the reviewers that answered
> my call. If haven't receive any email from me and wish to proof-read the
> magazine, please let me know.

while i'm not a natural english speaker i want to give it a try...
that could be good to find parts that are difficult to read for non
natural english speakers so they can be rewritten in something more
understandable...

if you think that is a good idea, then let me know

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL