Re: really quick multiple inserts can use COPY? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jens Schipkowski
Subject Re: really quick multiple inserts can use COPY?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks a lot to all for your tips.

Of course, I am doing all the INSERTs using a transaction. So the cost per
INSERT dropped from 30 ms to 3 ms.
The improvement factor matches with the hint by Brian Hurt.
Sorry, I forgot to mention we are using PostgreSQL 8.1.4.
Thanks for the code snippet posted by mallah. It looks like you are using
prepared statements, which are not available to us.
But I will check our database access if its possible to do a workaround,
because this looks clean and quick to me.

regards
Jens Schipkowski

--
**