Re: array vs flat tables performance - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oren Mazor
Subject Re: array vs flat tables performance
Date
List pgsql-novice
this is just for closure.

the array is actually stored as a string by postgres. a string that
happens to have lots of brackets in it. you only get processing overhead
when you convert this string into a datastructure that makes sense for
arrays.

Oren

--
Oren Mazor // Developer, Sysadmin, Explorer
GPG Key: http://www.grepthemonkey.org/secure