Re: Slonik! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marcin Cieslak
Subject Re: Slonik!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>e On 06/12/2019 04:38, BFarrell915 wrote:
>>> Hello PostgreSQL advocacy group,
>>>
>>> I recently contacted the core team about a logo design I came up with.
>>> Bruce kindly directed me towards this group.
>>>
>>> As you can see in the forwarded message below, logo design is a bit of a
>>> hobby for me. If you and the community agree that the design has
>>> potential, I would be happy to iterate on the design based on your feedback.
>>>
>>> If not, it was a fun project for me anyway.

I don't think the project is in need for a new logo, but I like
the approach in the first logo. It is not cheesy as many modern
designs today.

The first logo is something to work on. I think I have difficulty
decognizing an elephant if it had not appeared in the Postres context.
But I like the added velocity - it almost feels like the elephantlike
creature is running waving ears. Its trunk somehow does not fit well.

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019, Jan Karremans wrote:

> Would we see this as an additional logo the the stylist elephant we have now?
> As we could have two different ones, I guess.

The whole point of a logo is to have only one ...

If like bitmap work, I have published 32x32 and 48x48 favicons
based on the current logo, but they are not very good apparently:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABUevEysZcNLFSp9UmYDSZbdyVto2Be3A_OrXXYPbeHmK_e%3DbQ%40mail.gmail.com#015011ff72739f78685c41d87958a421

Here are scripts I have used to generate them:

https://repo.or.cz/pgweb-favicon.git/

Marcin
Attachment