Re: Selects query stats? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Re: Selects query stats?
Date
List pgsql-performance
I am not sure if this is what the original poster was refering to, but I
have used an application called mtop that shows how many queries per second
mysql is doing.

In my case this is helpfull because we have a number of machines running
postfix and each incoming mail generates about 7 queries. Queries are all
very simmilar to each other in that scenario.

Having access to that query/second stat allowed me to improve the
settings in MysQL. Ultimately once we migrated to a new server I could see
how moving to the new machine increased the speed at which we could accept
emails.

I am, little by little, getting PostgreSQL to be used, but for now the
postfix queries are tied to MySQL. By the time we hopefully do move to
PostgreSQL for the Postfix backend it will be very helpfull to have some
sort of way to measure queries/time period.