Re: Same query doing slow then quick - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From FFW_Rude
Subject Re: Same query doing slow then quick
Date
List pgsql-performance
Ok done to 512Mb and 2048Mb

I'm relaunching. See you in a few hours (so tommorrow)

Rude - Last Territory

Ou écouter ?

Ou acheter ?
La Fnac

iTunes

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 07:17:56 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Same query doing slow then quick

On 09/26/2012 16:14, FFW_Rude wrote:
> Thank for you answer.
>
> shared_buffer is at 24Mb
> effective_cache_size at 2048Mb
>
> What do you mean properly ? That's not really helping a novice...

from my previous mail:

before looking further, please configure shared_buffers and
effective_cache_size properly, it's fundamental
you'll probably need to raise SHMALL/SHMMAX, take a look at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/kernel-resources.html
for 4GB of RAM I would start with shared_buffers to 512MB and
effective_cache_size to 2GB