Re: Time Formats - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeffery L Post
Subject Re: Time Formats
Date
List pgsql-general
Well I finaly got around to trying the to_char function. And I am having
difficulty getting it to do what I want elegantly.

Here is the situation...
I am tracking the time that an event occurs in a column of type time.
(seperate column for date).  I want to display the time of the event in a
fool proof HH:MM (AM | PM) format. As far as I can tell the to_char()
function is not overloaded for the time type just timestamp.

How do I format a column of type time to HH:MM AM | PM ?
I belive the now() function returns a timestamp. but I need a strict time
datatype example.

Thanks again
Jeff Post
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee