Re: Search for fixed set of keywords - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Search for fixed set of keywords
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, J?rg Kiegeland wrote:

>> Did you try integer arrays with GIN (inverted index) ?
> I now tried this, and GIN turned out to be linear time, compared with GIST
> which was acceptable time. However I tested this only for Z=infinity, for
> Z=1000, GIST/GIN are both not acceptable.

Sorry, I didn't follow your problem, but GIN should be certainly
logarithmic on the number of unique words. Also, it'd be much clear
if you show us your queries and explain analyze.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83