Re: test-and-set for s390x and powerpc64 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Reinhard Max
Subject Re: test-and-set for s390x and powerpc64
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 at 18:23, Reinhard Max wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 at 12:17, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Why do we need that ppc64 code? It appears identical to the ppc
> > code

The difference is the symbol name ("tas" vs. ".tas") which is needed
because of the different ABIs of ppc and ppc64.

> > (except for missing isync, which means it's broken on multi-CPU
> > boxes).

This was indeed a bug.

> I'll re-check that with the ppc architecture guy here.

... he is now about to write an inlined version that can go into
s_lock.h . I'll send the new patch later on...

cu
    Reinhard