Re: Perl / mod_perl / PostgreSQL was: Good open source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roderick A. Anderson
Subject Re: Perl / mod_perl / PostgreSQL was: Good open source
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9 Dec 2003, Harald Fuchs wrote:

> > Though I still don't see why should pick mod_perl over
> PersistentPerl, if I > were to build a web-app?  I have used
> HTML::Template for, well, HTML templates; > though it is not exactly
> pretty, it works as intended.
>
> Do you mean ``<TMPL_VAR NAME="myvar">''?
>
> That's the reason why I switched to the Template Toolkit where you
> just write ``[%myvar%]''.

I have used both.  Template-Toolkit because of recommendations of 'Perl'
people and HTML::Template on a Windows system when I had problems
installing Template-Toolkit.  Both add a some functionality that is IMO a
little heavy for most needs.
   Oh yeah I'm using the Template-Toolkit where I'm building standard
text-only emails which it seemed to fit quite well and HTML::Template for
... HTML.

Cheers,
Rod