Re: RE: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: RE: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > I'm baffled by what seems to be a lack of detailed documentation for
> > something so fundamental as the built-in functions.
>
> Just to add a particular point, in addition to Vince's excellent general
> points, as the one who was last to update the function documentation:
> The reason that there's no "detailed" documentation is that there are no
> details.  How much can you write about round(), avg(), or current_user?

Actually, I like the 'grid' layout that the functions are listed in -- it
gives the syntax, the return value and an example of usage, all in a
single glance.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
You will be the victim of a bizarre joke.