A Sparc/Linux patch (for 7.1), and a Linux rc.d/init.d script.... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Ryan Kirkpatrick
Subject A Sparc/Linux patch (for 7.1), and a Linux rc.d/init.d script....
Date
List pgsql-patches
    Just a few random bits and pieces that might be useful to someone
else. They are:

    postgres-7-sparc.patch -> This is the same one I posted earlier to
hackers and ports, forgot to post it to patches. This fixes the resultmap
for sparc-linux so that all regression tests pass.

    postgresql -> This is a Linux distribution independent (or so I
hope) init.d/rc.d script that makes use of pg_ctl. There is currently a
few in ./contrib/linux of the pgsql source tree, but they are RedHat
specific. This one is simple and self contained. Might be worth adding to
the other scripts.

    pg_ctl.patch -> Minor patch required by postgresql script above.
It basically just allows you to specify the -o option (postmaster options)
more than once and all of them will be concatenated together. Makes it
easier to do '-o -F -o -i', then to try and shell escape quotes in a shell
script. Should be harmless, and might be handy.

Anyway, just wanted to post them in case some one was interested in them.
TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |

Attachment