Re: Fw: Redhat 7 and PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject Re: Fw: Redhat 7 and PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Mitch Vincent wrote:

> Yes, it seems that most people think PHP and MySQL were meant for each other
> (in fact the developers of both have an alliance of sorts) -- PostgreSQL
> support in PHP is very good though, I use PHP for %95 of the web
> applications I develop and I have never used MySQL ( I value the data too
> much to risk it)..

I do all my web applications with PHP, and use only Postgres and
Informix.

> The PostgreSQL module for PHP is without a dedicated maintainer
though,
> which could be a problem in the future -- Sascha Schumann is maintaining it
> now I believe (he's one of the main PHP developers).. Someone from my
> company has been considering taking it over in order to keep it current as
> there are some functions not included in the module that could be there..

I have found lots of things that the mysql anf the informix module for
php has, that the postgres doesn't. Especifically, when you walk through
a query. In postgres you have to tell the function which row you want.
In Informix, you can use the "NEXT" option so it walks through the rows.

> (As I type this in Windows 2000, Outlook Express!)

I'm using pine on Linux RedHat 6.0 (with some upgrades).

"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina        http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar